Lie LIKE a dog, or TO a dog?
- Leslie Brown
- On July 4, 2014
I had something kind of weird happen yesterday, but it was really a good thing. I realized I couldn’t break my word; not even to a dog.
My hubby had to be at work at 5:30 yesterday, so I got up with him at 4:30 a.m. I try to walk our very active pooch twice a day. I didn’t walk her yesterday morning because mainly, I had a busy day, but I looked at her, and told her, “I’ll take you later.” She knows the word “later”.
When I got home in the heat of the afternoon, I was hot, irritable and this dang bag I was bringing in the house disassembled into a mere sheet of paper dropping the contents, um, EVERYWHERE on the gravel driveway. One of the items was a cosmetics item, so this was SERIOUS.
I was going to go online to our site and write my afternoon piece, but I saw that Chris had just posted a timely piece on seat-belt wearing and freedom, for the holiday weekend. I went, “Phew” and was going to lie down and take a nap, but then guilt overcame me. I had told the dog I would take her later, so I couldn’t relax. I was, happy however, that my conscience wouldn’t allow me to break my word, not even to a dog….so I took her.
As I was walking her, I was given the idea for the piece I wrote last night called, “Happy MORE Dependents Day!” It was really laid on my heart, and it has a lot of passion in it.
I’m glad I can’t lie to my dog. There are others out there that comfortably “lie like a dog”.
Sorry. No data so far.
Become An Insider
- A Trump Presidency and Black America
- Mizzou is paying the price for appeasing #BLM
- Democratic Socialist, Harry Belafonte, preaches to Americans about American Values, on Super Bowl Sunday?
- Starbucks wants to hire Refugees…but not “African-Americans”
- For Leftist love the poor so much…that they create more of them!!
- Ageism in Hollywood: A systemic problem, or simply the Free Market speaking?
- Hey Kids! Clinton Cash is now a comic book!
Did you added your own Google API key? Look at the help.
Check in YouTube if the id UnhyphenatedAmerica belongs to a . Check the FAQ of the plugin or send error messages to support.